About Me

My photo
feels that, sometimes feelings are best expressed through words....

Monday 16 May 2011

Life, My favourite teacher!! - 2


Manu always knew what he wanted. If at all he didn’t, he would turn to my parents but like I said, rarely. Somehow, neither of us had the fascination for science. He graduated with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Loyola College, Chennai. He was a gold medallist. Not that we expected anything less. He was a state level Squash player and a Hurdles champion in college too. Given all this, he had a natural inclination to Sports Management. My parents were always, not just happy but proud of his choices.
He scored a 690 on 800 in his Graduate Management Admission Test and secured admission into Isenberg School of Management, which is under the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. His tuition fee has been waivered as he had an excellent academic and sport record. Being the sports secretary of the college also gave away his leadership qualities.
Exactly 63 days from today, Manu will be leaving for his masters and the last thing he wants is to be reminded of it. The thought of leaving my parents, leaving me, was very painful for him though he never chose to express it. I am 19 years old now and every second that I have spent with him in our house is memorable. I had just completed my second year end semester exams for B.Com in M.O.P Vaishnav, Chennai. I had a month before college reopened and I decided to spend as much time as possible with Manu. He was in his room, starring out of his window with his right hand clutched to bars. He was lost in his thoughts, I could see, because he didn’t see me coming. I crawled across his bed and almost jumped on him ,
“Bhah!!!!”
He was startled for a second .
“Very funny lil bratty sis, what keeps you home during your vacation?”
“You!! Isn’t it obvious?? I just have 63 days left to jump behind you like this and be sure as hell that I’m not prepared to waste even a minute”
“Ah , is that all you’ll miss?” he asked, pretending not to be upset because I reminded him of something he didn’t want me to. When I am a little over expressive, he never tries to snub me. Even at the cost of listening to something he doesn’t want to hear. He never takes his frustration out at times like these because he understands that I am going to miss him as much as he will.
“Also my pocket money and my pizza Fridays and my movie dates and my birthday presents and ....” I went on and on till he interrupted to say,
“Maithu!! I have pampered you way too much and you are going to have to live life the hard way for a few years, that is ,if you think living without all this is going to be hard on you”
“Don’t start off now.... We both know what we will miss...Take me to Janavie Athai’s house. I want to talk to Adi anna about a few things. And you also promised to buy those bed spreads I asked for. The one with Chip n Dale on it. Mithra can also come with us. She’s here for her vacations. But I doubt if Adi anna will come. He’s busy these days you know. I had to literally fix an appointment with him today. So let us not waste his time.. Hurry up.. “
“You hero-worship him don’t you?? Exaggerating so much about him being busy. I doubt if he himself knew that he was so busy.. And yeah I’ll take you shopping today. Call up Mithra to find out if she is coming. In that case I’ll take the car..”
“On it... Hello .. hey Mithra , I ....... “
Manu always had this small feeling inside him that I liked Adi Anna more than I like him because I keep talking to Manu about doing CA like Aditya. I have fancied the thought of becoming an All India rank holder just like him. But Manu is Manu to me. No one can ever replace him. He knows that too but sometimes I end up giving him that thought because of the way I behave.
Mithra was coming with us for shopping. I was a little disappointed because I have always loved the bike rides with Manu. He had a grey Apache with him. Just like any other guy, his bike was his biggest asset. In twenty minutes we were ready to leave.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing all this wonderful info with the how-to's!!!! It is so appreciated!!! You always have good humor in your posts/blogs. So much fun and easy to read!

    Auslogics BoostSpeed Crack

    ReplyDelete